Skip to main content

Canoe Country

I have been working hard on the quilting for a queen size quilt from the Canoe Country line by Moda.  I finished the quilt top about a year ago, but I wanted to give it as a gift while I was on vacation this past week, so I had to hurry up and quilt! 

Working on a queen size quilt in a  house trailer is a bit of a tight squeeze, but I made it work.

I chose to use mainly stippling throughout the quilt.


I was happy with how the quilting turned out.



It even looks neat from the back!



I had also made two throw pillow covers to match the quilt!


I took a few pictures of the full set at my house,


But the best effect comes when you get to see the quilt in its new home!


This quilt is just perfect for the cabin that it was made for. 


My aunt was so happy with her new quilt.  She was extremely surprised by the gift and I just loved seeing her reaction.  That's my favorite part, seeing reactions to a quilt I've just finished. 
This is my aunt and I with her beautiful new Canoe Country quilt.


The rest of our vacation was great too.  We swam, watched the birds, went for a walk, and mainly just relaxed.  A perfect getaway with a wonderful quilty icing on the cake!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working on my PHD: Finished Flannel Hopscotch Quilt

I want to post some updates of the Flannel Hopscotch quilt that I finished this week.  It turned out great and I'm really happy with my new queen sized bed quilt.  I was able to finish hand sewing my binding during our down time this week.  The striped binding adds a lot of character to the edge of the quilt.  The quilt is very heavy and super warm!  I will definitely be using this on those cold nights this winter!  Now that this quilt has been completed and stored away, I've already brought out my next project half done to get wrapped up. I brought the start of an up north themed lap quilt to the local quilt shop and purchased some fabric for borders and binding.    I want the top to be bigger, but not a full bed quilt like the flannel hopscotch quilt. This quilt top I started with a panel and two charm packs.  Very simple design, but the colors and up north theme will compliment my home very well. ...

Creating a Blog Planner

I like to think I'm a pretty organized gal.  But with a busy life and lots of work, my mental best laid plans for blogging are quickly falling through the cracks. I ran across this great blog planner through Pinterest and I'm getting ready to give it a whirl!  The printables that Lamberts Lately  developed here are absolutely adorable and I can't wait to put them to use! Another awesome Pinterest find was this great tutorial from Just A Beautiful Life on to-do's and best practices for creating your own blogging binder. Between the great advice from both of these sites, I've got a start on my own blogging binder. I did a little office supply shopping (honestly, I love shopping for office supplies!) and picked up a cute colorful binder, some tab dividers, sheet protectors, loose leaf lined paper, and post it notes to put together with my freshly printed blog planning sheets. I have a three hole punch and nice markers at home to use already...

Finding the right words...

Hello there quilters and crafters!   After I took a little hiatus from writing on my blog, I have been constantly thinking about topics to write about and projects to show you all.  However, I keep talking myself out of them.  "I don't have the RIGHT tools to really show that topic well." "That project isn't perfect, so I don't know if I should show that on the blog."    Sitting down to a blank screen can be very intimidating.  I don't want to say things wrong or be unclear.  I don't want to be too cliché or corny or too impersonal either.  For some reason, finding the right words can be pretty difficult some days.    Reading previous posts and over-analyzing myself (as I tend to do) I found that I was trying TOO hard to find the right words.  They were words that helped a person understand, but not words that were inviting or friendly, or personal to me.  They were text-book boring!   I stri...