Skip to main content

A Fabric-y Day on the Town

Free time to sew is getting harder and harder to come by this month.  During this time of the season we have to work from Thursday (instead of Friday) through Sunday so that cuts out one good day of free time right there!  We are also in northern Wisconsin right now and it is absolutely beautiful up here.  It kind of makes it feel a little vacationy for us too.  So, my sister has been coming out early in the week so that we can go out and adventure a little bit.  Today we wandered around the very cute local downtown area.  I stopped at a couple of fabric shops and picked up some kids fabrics that will be turning into baby blocks for craft sales this fall. 


I also picked up some tonal fabrics that will make the linings of some bags for this fall's inventory. 

 

Here are the linings with their fabric groupings.  These are going to make some great bags!  I can't wait to get them finished! 



 
 
It was a great day to hang out with my sister and I appreciated having a second opinion on my color choices. We also stopped at other boutiques and craft shops so that she could indulge in her crafty weakness - scrapbooking. We also decided to stop and partake in the wine tasting at the local winery and grab a little ice cream on the way back. Just icing on the day's cake!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working on my PHD: Finished Flannel Hopscotch Quilt

I want to post some updates of the Flannel Hopscotch quilt that I finished this week.  It turned out great and I'm really happy with my new queen sized bed quilt.  I was able to finish hand sewing my binding during our down time this week.  The striped binding adds a lot of character to the edge of the quilt.  The quilt is very heavy and super warm!  I will definitely be using this on those cold nights this winter!  Now that this quilt has been completed and stored away, I've already brought out my next project half done to get wrapped up. I brought the start of an up north themed lap quilt to the local quilt shop and purchased some fabric for borders and binding.    I want the top to be bigger, but not a full bed quilt like the flannel hopscotch quilt. This quilt top I started with a panel and two charm packs.  Very simple design, but the colors and up north theme will compliment my home very well. ...

Creating a Blog Planner

I like to think I'm a pretty organized gal.  But with a busy life and lots of work, my mental best laid plans for blogging are quickly falling through the cracks. I ran across this great blog planner through Pinterest and I'm getting ready to give it a whirl!  The printables that Lamberts Lately  developed here are absolutely adorable and I can't wait to put them to use! Another awesome Pinterest find was this great tutorial from Just A Beautiful Life on to-do's and best practices for creating your own blogging binder. Between the great advice from both of these sites, I've got a start on my own blogging binder. I did a little office supply shopping (honestly, I love shopping for office supplies!) and picked up a cute colorful binder, some tab dividers, sheet protectors, loose leaf lined paper, and post it notes to put together with my freshly printed blog planning sheets. I have a three hole punch and nice markers at home to use already...

Finding the right words...

Hello there quilters and crafters!   After I took a little hiatus from writing on my blog, I have been constantly thinking about topics to write about and projects to show you all.  However, I keep talking myself out of them.  "I don't have the RIGHT tools to really show that topic well." "That project isn't perfect, so I don't know if I should show that on the blog."    Sitting down to a blank screen can be very intimidating.  I don't want to say things wrong or be unclear.  I don't want to be too cliché or corny or too impersonal either.  For some reason, finding the right words can be pretty difficult some days.    Reading previous posts and over-analyzing myself (as I tend to do) I found that I was trying TOO hard to find the right words.  They were words that helped a person understand, but not words that were inviting or friendly, or personal to me.  They were text-book boring!   I stri...