Skip to main content

The ups and downs of living in a travel trailer

Quilting on the road has its ups and downs.  Last week we had to be parked at a different lot from the rest of the show.  Because of that we used a smaller generator that wasn't able to handle as many electric appliances.  I was able to sew a little bit but did not complete any projects.  My biggest accomplishment was getting a quilt layed out that I had started almost two years ago. 

 
This queen size quilt is too large to lay out in my travel house trailer, so a friend of mine was kind enough to let me commandeer her apartment floor.

Her kitten, Charlie, tried to help a little too. 


Since I wasn't able to do very much sewing, the next best thing is to go fabric shopping!

At the great local quilt shop I picked up some great new fabrics! Almost all of them from the great designer Terri Degenkolb for Red Rooster Fabrics.



I got some great home dec prints.



Beautiful Christmas prints.

A great fall line.

And this great country Christmas panel. 


So, for having a week of low electricity, I still was able to get a little bit of work done, and add some more to my to do lists.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working on my PHD: Finished Flannel Hopscotch Quilt

I want to post some updates of the Flannel Hopscotch quilt that I finished this week.  It turned out great and I'm really happy with my new queen sized bed quilt.  I was able to finish hand sewing my binding during our down time this week.  The striped binding adds a lot of character to the edge of the quilt.  The quilt is very heavy and super warm!  I will definitely be using this on those cold nights this winter!  Now that this quilt has been completed and stored away, I've already brought out my next project half done to get wrapped up. I brought the start of an up north themed lap quilt to the local quilt shop and purchased some fabric for borders and binding.    I want the top to be bigger, but not a full bed quilt like the flannel hopscotch quilt. This quilt top I started with a panel and two charm packs.  Very simple design, but the colors and up north theme will compliment my home very well. ...

Creating a Blog Planner

I like to think I'm a pretty organized gal.  But with a busy life and lots of work, my mental best laid plans for blogging are quickly falling through the cracks. I ran across this great blog planner through Pinterest and I'm getting ready to give it a whirl!  The printables that Lamberts Lately  developed here are absolutely adorable and I can't wait to put them to use! Another awesome Pinterest find was this great tutorial from Just A Beautiful Life on to-do's and best practices for creating your own blogging binder. Between the great advice from both of these sites, I've got a start on my own blogging binder. I did a little office supply shopping (honestly, I love shopping for office supplies!) and picked up a cute colorful binder, some tab dividers, sheet protectors, loose leaf lined paper, and post it notes to put together with my freshly printed blog planning sheets. I have a three hole punch and nice markers at home to use already...

Finding the right words...

Hello there quilters and crafters!   After I took a little hiatus from writing on my blog, I have been constantly thinking about topics to write about and projects to show you all.  However, I keep talking myself out of them.  "I don't have the RIGHT tools to really show that topic well." "That project isn't perfect, so I don't know if I should show that on the blog."    Sitting down to a blank screen can be very intimidating.  I don't want to say things wrong or be unclear.  I don't want to be too cliché or corny or too impersonal either.  For some reason, finding the right words can be pretty difficult some days.    Reading previous posts and over-analyzing myself (as I tend to do) I found that I was trying TOO hard to find the right words.  They were words that helped a person understand, but not words that were inviting or friendly, or personal to me.  They were text-book boring!   I stri...