July 17, 2012

The ups and downs of living in a travel trailer

Quilting on the road has its ups and downs.  Last week we had to be parked at a different lot from the rest of the show.  Because of that we used a smaller generator that wasn't able to handle as many electric appliances.  I was able to sew a little bit but did not complete any projects.  My biggest accomplishment was getting a quilt layed out that I had started almost two years ago. 

 
This queen size quilt is too large to lay out in my travel house trailer, so a friend of mine was kind enough to let me commandeer her apartment floor.

Her kitten, Charlie, tried to help a little too. 


Since I wasn't able to do very much sewing, the next best thing is to go fabric shopping!

At the great local quilt shop I picked up some great new fabrics! Almost all of them from the great designer Terri Degenkolb for Red Rooster Fabrics.



I got some great home dec prints.



Beautiful Christmas prints.

A great fall line.

And this great country Christmas panel. 


So, for having a week of low electricity, I still was able to get a little bit of work done, and add some more to my to do lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment