I did not remember that when I purchased my fabrics (a year ago now) that I was short the amount that I wanted for the borders. It was only by a few inches, but it resulted in me not being able to cut that one extra strip that would have completed the full length top and bottom borders. So, to make up for the small difference, I just added a fun 9-patch detail to the four corners.
It used up some scraps and made these an accent instead of a coverup.
I am so happy with my new quilt top. I am hoping to find the time this week to make my quilt sandwhich and add some nice quilting details to the top. If all goes well, it will be bound by next week. That is definitely high hopes, but it's a good goal to shoot for too.