Skip to main content

A Handmade Christmas - Wrap Up

 
 
Our family had a wonderful Christmas and I hope that everyone else was able to enjoy a happy holiday with their families as well. 
 
Now that all the presents have been opened I wanted to share all of the gifts that I was able to make for my family this year.  I should have started earlier, but instead I packed all of this sewing in to the three weeks before Christmas.
 
 
I used the Good Fortune line from Katie Spain to make a cross body bag for my sister and her husband's neice.  She was so happy to unwrap this on Christmas day and I hear she was making lists of all the things she could carry with is.  I was so happy to hear that she loved it so much! I'm glad they sent me Facebook pictures so I could see her with it. 
 
 
My sister got a lot of handmade creations from me this Christmas.  First of all was this skirt.  Sadly she'll have to wait for warmer weather to enjoy this one.

 
Next for my sister was a visor CD holder.  So much more fun in these pretty purple prints
 than a plain black one!

 
And last, but certainly not least, she got this cover for her new Galaxy tablet. 
She had to wait an extra day to open this so she could open the tablet from her husband first. 
 

 
For my neice I made a Minnie Mouse blanket with cuddle fabric on the back, and a matching blanket for her doll.  She carried her blanket all over the house that night.  I'm always happy to see my creations being loved!

 
Here she is wrapped up in her cuddly new blanket!
 
 
I don't get to see my neice too often so I was happy she concented to sit with me for a picture!

 
She also got a couple dresses for her new doll that my sister got for her. 


 
My other neice got a new pair of flannel pajamas. 
 
 
She loves wearing things made by her aunt!
 
 
My brother got a new pair of pajama pants.  This has become a Christmas tradition for me to make him a pair of flannel pj pants.  He really liked the cassette prints on these. 

 
My dad also requested a pair of pajama pants this year and I went with some nice green plaid flannel for him.


I was so happy to see all of the plaids line up when they were done.


My brother in law also got in on the pajama pants this Christmas.  I made his an extra four inches longer to make sure they were a good fit for his long legs.


And my mom's homemade gift was this wallhanging. I enjoyed printing the pictures and making the fun Nelson's Victory quilt block to go in the corners.  She was so happy and that made me happy!
 
 
So, from us to you, I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and have a safe and fun Happy New Year!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Blog Planner

I like to think I'm a pretty organized gal.  But with a busy life and lots of work, my mental best laid plans for blogging are quickly falling through the cracks. I ran across this great blog planner through Pinterest and I'm getting ready to give it a whirl!  The printables that Lamberts Lately  developed here are absolutely adorable and I can't wait to put them to use! Another awesome Pinterest find was this great tutorial from Just A Beautiful Life on to-do's and best practices for creating your own blogging binder. Between the great advice from both of these sites, I've got a start on my own blogging binder. I did a little office supply shopping (honestly, I love shopping for office supplies!) and picked up a cute colorful binder, some tab dividers, sheet protectors, loose leaf lined paper, and post it notes to put together with my freshly printed blog planning sheets. I have a three hole punch and nice markers at home to use already.  It was su

Tori's Pillow

My boyfriend’s little sister had her 11 th birthday this week.   We’re taking her out to the movies tomorrow afternoon and I wanted to bring her something hand made with her birthday gift.   She’s already a crafty little girl and loves to make beaded bracelets and necklaces.   When I am there doing a little bit of hand work, she loves to watch me sew, too!   So, I picked up a little bracelet kit and a peace sign cross stitch kit that I plan on working on with her, as well as the first Harry Potter book.   She’s at the same age I was when I started reading those books and I hope she comes to love them as much as I do!     I debated for quite a while on what to make for her to add to her birthday gift.   I contemplated making a big floor cushion for her or a quillow for travelling on the volleyball bus next year.   Both of these would be great gifts and I will probably still make them for her soon, but I needed something quicker, smaller, and something that required little t

Finding the right words...

Hello there quilters and crafters!   After I took a little hiatus from writing on my blog, I have been constantly thinking about topics to write about and projects to show you all.  However, I keep talking myself out of them.  "I don't have the RIGHT tools to really show that topic well." "That project isn't perfect, so I don't know if I should show that on the blog."    Sitting down to a blank screen can be very intimidating.  I don't want to say things wrong or be unclear.  I don't want to be too cliché or corny or too impersonal either.  For some reason, finding the right words can be pretty difficult some days.    Reading previous posts and over-analyzing myself (as I tend to do) I found that I was trying TOO hard to find the right words.  They were words that helped a person understand, but not words that were inviting or friendly, or personal to me.  They were text-book boring!   I strive so hard to do the best I can and I w